Monday, August 1, 2011

You know you are a bike geek when ...

99% enjoying our warm, dry summer weather - starting to get spoiled for sure. That 1% is dealing with being more sweaty than I would like when I get to work - and I've been pannier'ing it to help. I'm just sweaty - I am trying to ride easy in the morning, too, really.

Well, I have to lighten up some more about judging cyclists who do not respond to my hi greetings, I just encountered the same thing at work with an unknown co-worker. I said, "hi," he said nothing. So, therefore, it appears it is a people phenomenon and, again, not a transportation thing. Hmmm.

Okay, on to the reason for the title of this blog entry. Actually I have two proofs, ha.
  1. Felt there was too much black around the stem/handlebar area because of my thumb shifter mounts, soooooo - I sanded off the top of the clamps removing the powder coat. Then I fine grit sanded to smooth them up and then I hand polished them. Oooo, me like much better as there is less black showing. Cool.
  2. With my experimenting with low angle photography, I felt I needed something that was a bit safer, sooooo - I built a custom mount for my camera, big surprise, huh? With another armrest clamp, more aluminum flat stock and a ball head, voila'. Oh, just for my own sense of safety, since the fork is tapered, I used a fender strut to act as a stop to prevent the mount from sliding downward.
Now, I can have the camera ready and just reach down and push the shutter button. I can also set the camera for video, but the image is pretty shaky. What I have been doing is using the multi-shot mode, set for about 5 consecutive shots. Once I have done some fine-tuning/tweaking then I'll clean it all up and paint it up black.

And that's getting my bike geek on ... hahaha.

No comments: