Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ice Bits Riding, Missed Snow Day, More Project MB-1


This past week started out with nearly 24 hour local news of the big storm coming to town. Monday, as you can see from above, we got something, it was not really snow and not really ice, snice? While cold, it was not bad for the morning commute, not slippery like our earlier frozen frost mornings. Well, it was so cool out with the ice bits, that I took some on the bike shots, too.
The trick with the moving shots was I had some camera button issues because of the winter gloves I was wearing. Danged buttons are pretty small and close together. Several times I shot the camera off when I was trying to push the shutter button.

After Monday's snice, Tuesday was just kinda wet, with some coldness. Then, Tuesday night we got our snow. It was wet snow, I could tell by the way it droooooped off the car in the driveway.
I like the snow. I love the quietness it brings. I went outside to take this shot at around 11pm something. So . . . . . quiet. And, pretty.

Well, very, very shortly after I shot this . . . BAM . . . no more electricity. The wet, heavy snow was starting to take its toll and areas were blacking out.
Now it was even quieter . . . and darker. It was still amazing how bright it was though. If you look closely, you can see how the snow was drooping off the rear window of my car. Can you say, wet snow?

Project MB-1

As has been said many times before me, "A project bike is never done . . ." I decided to refine the headlight battery mount just a little, as it was not as tight as I would like.
(Fabrication pictures: Project MB-1 Battery Mount Pictures)

The refinement is a bit subtle, but remember, I be a perfectionist, lol. The key change was to lengthen the lower support piece and use a small piece of double-sided tape to reduce twisting and offset the jostling happening while avoiding road junk and hitting driveways and ramps. Also, I added a upper lip to do the same thing.

Installed, you cannot really see a whole of difference, except the bracket appears a little longer, which, of course, it is.

Overall, the bike is working out great and is fun to ride. The geometry and fit feel good and I just like looking at it, so that is a good sign, too.

The only sad thing is that I missed the chance for a snow ride, since I ended up getting sick. I think the issues of harder breathing in the cold recently finally caught up with me, plus, apparently a bunch of us in a meeting Monday were dropping out sick, so I get to blame someone at work.

No comments: