Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Very Peaceful, Lovely Day for Bike Commuting

With the drier days I decided to road test my Pentax DSLR camera. I've gotten a bit lazy and have been just using my pocket digital for most things. I do like the greater control of the DSLR over the pocket digital, I guess it goes back to my film SLR days.

This morning was a really nice ride in, I felt in good spirits and I was early enough that once I reached the Eastbank Esplanade, I just cooled down and glided along, taking pictures as I went.

It could be just me, but this image  has a European feel to me. The boaters were the only traffic on the Willamette this morning and the water was very calm. The Willamette is quite high, but it is also fairly clear and was serenely calm this morning. Quite peaceful.

This afternoon, I "strolled" along the esplanade, enjoying the warm temperature, sunny skies and fresh air. As I am still also trying to fine tune my cleat alignment, I stopped to make an adjustment. People must feed the migrating birds, because this Canada goose just hung near by and looked up occassionally, as if waiting for me to toss a morsel his way. I looked over the railing and saw that he had been working on a banana peel floating in the water. Sad really, some people do not think about what they are doing.

I was a bit surprised this guy just hung around until I saw the banana peel. Not quite your average river food supply. The river is so clear and calm today -- lovely.

No comments: