Saturday, May 14, 2011

Strange, but I Miss the Darker Mornings

Spring, while maybe not weather-wise, is definitely here. I seem to see more and more people out in the mornings. In some ways, I miss the more solitude of the winter rides, the quiet, the peacefulness, the bit darkerness of the mornings. I can accept the hustle and bustle of the afternoons, the mornings are more like my time, and my time with Evan. I think because it delays the rush around atmosphere of work that I like the quieter, lonelier mornings.

Thursday morning had some fun light out, peeking out from the fog and clouds, lighting some areas of downtown while leaving other areas grey and monotone like.

Next week is Portland's Bike to Work week and Bike to Work Day (20th); and along with our Bike Commute Challenge Captain, I have been working with a couple of our internal groups to promote Bike to Work Day. Monday, we are having a brown bag to present information and answer questions for people who are interested in biking to work but would like more information and help.

For Friday's Bike to Work day, we are having some regular commuters make waffles and our Green Team and Safety & Wellness Team will be providing fruit. We have some overflow plans in place so it would be pretty cool to double our current max of 24 commuters. Hopefully, the weather will not be pouring down rain as that will definitely reduce the first timer count.

No comments: