Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sun Greeted Us in the Morning; Mr Rain Kept Us Company in the Afternoon

A nice ride in with Evan this morning. We rode casually and chatted. At one place, there were some wet leaves on the ground and we were coming up to a red light. Evan put the brakes on and his rear locked up. I watched and yelled out, "Nice skid!" He chuckled and asked, "Why does it do that?" He meant why does the rear come around. I said I did not know, it just does. We had a good laugh. I told him he did a great job of controlling the skid. I also told him we use to do that when we were kids. We also got in trouble for wearing out our tires.

I have to say that having a riding companion does make the time and distance go by so much faster. I suppose it is because I'm even less thinking about how much farther to go. Parting ways at school, I continued on my way to work.

Definitely seeing more cyclists out these days. Seems like at least one other cyclist whenever I stop at a red light. I'm getting the hang of the few tricky spots on my different routes, which is nice. I have also found those few alternate routes when my regular route is blocked from things like trains. This is a good thing since there was a train crossing the Steel Bridge when I got there.

Our nice dry ride in the morning was evened out with a rainy ride in the afternoon. I left work and rode to Evan's school, then waited for him to come out. Even in the rain we had a good ride and talked about this and that. May is the local Walk & Bike to School month event. Evan is pretty excited since he is already biking and walking to school every day. We calculated out that he will have 108 miles combined walking and biking for May. He's pretty proud of that.

No comments: