Friday, April 22, 2011

Super Spring Bike Commute Day!

Nothing like a sunny morning to really start the day off on a super happy note! My last commute was actually Wednesday of this week and while mostly dry, Wed was a cloudy ride day. The temperature in the morning was a bit on the colder side, so lightweight gear was called for.

After pedalling easy for several blocks to warm up a bit, Evan and I were on our way toward his school. Since he has been leading, I could only get a back shot as we rode along.

I am so impressed with his riding, and his commitment to commuting by bike. Thursday, I worked from home and offered to either ride with him or drive him. His choice? He rode solo to and from school! Fortunately, his ride home was timed perfectly between the near showery rain.
To get the most out of the morning, I stopped several times to enjoy the river views, and take some pictures. As I rode the last few blocks in, I wondered if I would be aced out of any bike parking spots, thinking a bunch of people would have rode in today because of the near 100% guarantee of dry. To my surprise, there were plenty of spots available. Wow, shocked.

Ready for the weekend with at least Saturday being warm - our first day to likely hit 70 degrees.

No comments: