Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lead Legs - Argh

Today's dark, morning ride was quite foggy (7:00am). Very quiet, only saw a few other riders out at this early of a time.

The temp was fairly mild, I basically wore my work clothes (lightweight pants, cami and sweatshirt) with just a fleece jacket, polar fleece gloves and my fleece earband. Things were a little damp because of the heavy fog - sure glad I had my awesomely bright headlight.

Too foggy for any morning picture, really could not see anything of the city or bridge lights. Just before I got to work, I noticed that my rear light had stopped working. What? Batteries should be lasting longer than that. I checked them later and found one of the batteries had come partially out of the holder -- hmmm, will have to fix that.

The picture above is just off the east end of the Steel Bridge as I was leaving to meet up with Evan at his school. Still a lot of water out there. The normally inclined portion of the floating Eastbank Esplanade is still pretty flat.

Wow, for some reason the legs felt sluggish for the ride home. So, just enjoyed the ride and spun along in lower gears. Funny thing is that Evan felt tired, too. So we relaxed and enjoyed the ride. He practiced spinning lower gears. Turns out he did not have a very big lunch so I said he did not get enough fuel for the whole day. We'll be packing him a bit more protein tomorrow.

No comments: