Friday, January 14, 2011

Another Full Week of Bike Commuting

Well, I have to say riding when it is upper 40's and a bit rainy is better than really cold and dry, I've changed my mind from earlier claims.

This is a shot of downtown Portland from the pedestrian/bike bridge over the rail tracks to get to the Eastbank Esplanade and the Steel Bridge.

I am not quite sure why I like the image, I just do, I guess. I think maybe some of it has to do with looking like a mosaic or mosaic type reflection, though you are just looking through the safety fencing.

Evan and I do seem to have our prep patterns down and can get out the door pretty efficiently. We also have our landmarks down so when we get to that certain point, it's like, "gosh, we are almost there, already."

For me, it's like getting to live one of my big wishes, to be able to commute daily. I am glad Evan has wanted to and enjoyed biking to school. He says it helps wake him up.

While not on the bike or a bike route, this is a picture of the Portland sky from my 5th floor at work. I liked the clouds pattern, the light, and the interplay of buildings and nature. I've been using my new little Canon PowerShot camera, keeping it handy even on the bike.
I took this closer shot of those same clouds as in the wider picture above. Just something about the lightness, wispiness compared the framing, darker, thicker clouds I suppose.

Will see what the ride home brings ... to be continued.

Ride home started a little earlier so I could ride down to Showers Pass headquarters. I had emailed them a question about my wet knees the other day and talked to them on the phone today. They said I could stop by to so they could check to make sure the knee vents had the seam tape (apparently there were some issues with some of their rain pants).

Seam tape there, so we agreed I would just keep an eye on things. The most likely cause the other day was lots of rain, I was squatting for quite some time to fix the multitude of flats, which pulls on the material. Since it was only one time, likely a "user" error, hahaha.

Love the service from Showers Pass, and really love that they are a local Portland company. Their stuff is worth the money, as well as you are buying some amazing customer service.

No comments: