Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No Flats, Nice Day After All

Bits of rain on the morning ride in. Daylight is definitely coming sooner and sooner; I left in the dark and by the time I got to downtown, the sky was lightening up.

Since the bridge was up anyway, I stopped on the floating boardwalk and took this picture of the tug heading toward the Steel Bridge.

The new tires held up fine, they rode nicely enough. As I rode, I kept thinking about my current hip/pelvis issues and how, gee, how will my riding be if my body is back to mostly normal. My doctor says I've been out of whack for quite a while, I'm thinking at least most of January.

Pretty much kept the bike in lower gears and spun along without pushing too hard, try and take it a bit easy. At times felt like everyone else was flying by me.

The ride home was about the same, except the weather was very nice. The sun was out and the temperature was quite pleasant.

I stopped along SE Harrison St. and took this picture looking east, the direction I was headed. Having nice weather makes going slower and easier much more pleasant.

No comments: