Thursday, February 17, 2011

Snow, Rain, Wind, Hail, Mild, Sunny -- Must be Portland!

Wow, talk about your weather extremes. Yesterday, Wednesday, had bits of snow in the rain during the morning commute, which turned to plain rain. Then, it seemed sort of dry when I left to meet up with Evan, but a few minutes after we left for home, hail.

Of course, neither of us had our rain pants on. Here we are on NE Broadway, just beyond 50th, I think, and I decided I should take a picture. Hey, we were already getting wet.

The worse part was my legs (thighs) were getting not just wet, but just a little cold. Evan was wishing it was snowing rather than hailing.
We still had fun and enjoyed the ride. See, even got Evan to let me take his picture, and, yes, he is smiling.

Thursday - Wow, a Dry Day
We had a much drier ride in today, no rain and not too cold, either. Today was going to be a travel day, because I have another doctor appointment at noon.

Pleasant ride in, uneventful, a good thing. Then, I had some delays getting out for my appointment, so I missed the MAX at 11:32am. Well, decided to go ahead and bike out.

It was actually nice, somewhat warm and some clearing. More progress on the hip, things are getting there. Need to keep exercising the left heel, but everything is progressing nicely. From there, I went home to do some work before heading back to Evan's school and ride back home with him. The picture above was taken as I headed to Evan's school. Nice to have some sunny weather to ride in to break up the grey, cloudy and rainy days.

As we got closer to home, I got the camera out of my pocket and snapped a picture of Evan as we rode along.

So today's total miles ended up at 26. So glad the weather was nice, those extra miles are far more pleasant that way.

No comments: