Monday, February 28, 2011

Ridin' in the Rain



 I'm riding in the rain
Just riding in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ridin' what I love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
The road's practially all mine
I've a smile on my face
I ride down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just ridin',
Ridin' in the rain

==========================
Well, they did say it would rain, starting Sunday and we would pretty much have a wet week. This morning was quite wet with wind, ouchy, the rain stung a few times as it was blown into my face. Fortunately the temperature was not too bad and I stayed fairly comfortable in my rain gear. Well, except, once again, my knees. I think I've figured out that the vents pull too tight and allow water to capillary in. Argh, how frustrating. I'm going to try my other hiking rain pants and see if there is much difference. If my knees stay dry, I may send the rain pants back to Showers Pass.

Continue to feel stronger on my rides, especially with my hip getting back into correct alignment. Of course, I may have relapsed some as I had a bit of a fall this weekend while installing a new garage door opener. I took my tumble being about 2-1/2 to 3 feet off the ground and landed on my right side. A few bruises and sore spots, so I moved my chiropractor/acupuncture appointment up from Friday to Wednesday.

Ride summary, morning, as I said, rain with wind. Felt like I was rolling along with a good pace, not over doing my exertion as I don't shower at work, just remove the rain gear and go to work. Lot's of water on the roads and there was some deep puddling in spots. Only saw a few other bike commuters out this morning.

This afternoon was relative mild, even with the rain as the wind had calmed down a lot. I made a bit longer ride as I detoured to my pharmacy on the way home. Once again, wet knees, which sucks, but everything was comfortable and dry. I started using my backpack, again, and with the rain cover everything stayed nice a dry. Just in case, I did have my clothes inside plastic garbage bags, back up never hurts. I like having the weight off the bike as the responsiveness is much, much better, which is more important to me. I also realize I keep my upper body fairly still even when maneuvering about so the extra weight does not seem to affect me as much as I notice the extra weight on the bike.

No comments: